Sunday, February 13, 2011

Perspective on my shiny new blogroll

With the current all-too-friendly relationship between standard big name corporations and governing bodies, I think it's strange how so many people (at least the majority I have questioned on the topic) go on without concern - (see pessimistic blog title.) It's not that every waking moment I'm crouched shaking in a corner, eyes ablaze, crumpled coffee-cup in hand, or that I am a Buddha reincarnate, but I mean, generally, I at least express a moderate amount of concern about the world around me and my impact as an individual. The progression of ethical standards seems to be at a standstill with-in what I perceive to be the majority of people in the U.S. (ok, fine, a black-strap molasses's crawl) and in the few that hold seats in positions of corporate power and government, it seems to have receded back to the dark ages. I don't understand it, and the only thing I know to do about it is do my best to inform, and support others with a similar mindset.
Food Not Bombs Free Vegetarian Lunch event
If you are looking for like-minded people who are actively making a difference in the lives of those around them, I would suggest you take a quick peek at the "Food Not Bombs" blog and main website and see if it appeals to you. Food Not Bombs is a loose-knit group across the U.S. of localized anti-war chapters that come together in peaceful protest making free vegan and vegetarian meals for the hungry. Can't really go wrong with that can you? You can look on their blog and website for a chapter near you, and for upcoming events.

1 comment:

  1. Matt:

    I love your first blog and I definitely encourage you to continue with this theme. You present a dilemma that you see in present-day society and you provide information on ways for us to take action so that we can become more active in our communities. The fact that you included pictures enhances the overall appeal of your blog, and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future!

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete