Sunday, February 20, 2011

Moods in the Box - Wasting Time

I get in these moods sometimes...I guess when I think about things and try to get to the "Brahman" of what I care about I get pessimistic and absolutist. Oh well this is what I feel like at 12:20AM. This last year, I've been feeling so closed in. I feel as though I don't have any free time at all anymore. I want to do so much, and there is so much that I have to do at once. I work about 30 hrs/week, I go to school full time, and although I actually enjoy my workplace, I am ready for school to be OuT oF My WAy.


It's mostly just this Food science professor who I feel is wasting my time...This might make you laugh... she is a very proud and stubborn woman...she tried to qualify a video the other day (this woman doesn't teach a damn thing...we are watching videos as if we are in a middle school home economics class) about why oil and water don't mix...her explanation: "It's not actually that one is hydrophobic, it's actually, the water molecules... and the oil molecules ...like to stick to their own kind more than they like each other..." she then nodded and smiled and then pressed play on the video again. My jaw went stunned mullet and it never recovered.

The women is teaching "Food Science", it's supposed to be the class that we take as nutrition majors to better understand the process of chemical alterations of food during production, and she doesn't understand high school chemistry.

I could be doing other things, good things...like sleeping...but no I am forced to listen to this women tell us about how the female speaker in her lame ass home economics video from 1993 looks like Maria Shriver.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the picture was hilarious. Maria Shriver is a scary woman.

    I feel like a lot of teachers are hilariously in-eloquent (like I am apparently)and it's definitely a great part about still being in school. At least you're almost out.

    ReplyDelete